Monday, February 1, 2016

Storm Kayla draws near.


Another winter storm heading our way.
Don't you just love the way they give them all names now.
We've just had winter storm Bella and now her mate Kayla is hurrying to catch up with her.
I am sure it will be lovely....it looks like we are in the 8 - 12 inches bit.  There's a novelty.
Alan will have some fun.


Another huge loss.
This has been an awful year so far.  So, many well loved celebs have passed away.
Terry Wogan........wasn't he immortal?
I loved him.  His gentle humour and sharp wit, got me through many a morning when he had his radio show.
He even read out a story I sent in once.
It was true too.

I had been coming back from London on the train.  The ticket inspector was making his way through the train towards me.
He was a rotund, loud and jolly sort of person, who was speaking to everyone as he passed by.
As he got near me, he proclaimed loudly, "Oh yes, I've been on a course you know.  Yep, they sent me on a course.  We don't have problems anymore. Oh no.  We don't have problems anymore we have  'solution opportunities'."

Donna tells me there is a radio show in the UK where you can confess to things you have done...maybe fibs you told your kids or something.
She is trying to make me tell some of the stories I have from my previous 'profession.'

One in particular she likes.
I was supporting my group of 'special needs' kids in a geography lesson. It had been a long, hard and tiring day.
In the text book we were using we came across a picture something like this.....


They were very curious about these cows, but I soon explained it all to them.
These were, I told them, a special breed of cow.  They were mountain cows.  They were specially bred with little short front legs so that they could stand on the side of the mountain with the little legs towards the top and the longer back legs, farther down.  This helped them keep their balance on the slope of the mountain.
They all found this perfectly reasonable and I sometimes wonder if they ever found me out.....or they might even still believe it.
Sometimes when you are in a stressful job you have to have little ways of coping with your day.
It was either things like that or (as I often did) collapsing onto the floor of the staff room saying "Ahhhh Mr Fawlty.....I die here.".



Yes this was often me after coping with my little angels all day.
Happy times.
I might even tell you the one about the apples one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home