Tuesday, January 19, 2016

I'm writing a cheque !!!

 A bruise appeared on my knuckle.

I don't really know how I did it, so I've been telling everyone that I had a punch up with Alan.
I have likened it to the scene in Father Ted where Mrs Doyle and her friend argue and eventually fight over who is going to pay for their tea.





You can view it here if you haven't seen it and would like to.

Alanmas is going well.  The temperatures have been brutal but he keeps 'bundled up' as they say in these parts.


I know it is sunny but......there is no heat in that sun.  The frozen tundra or Narnia as I prefer to call it.
Sounds nicer.

We have a problem with water leaking under the kitchen sink.
We did get a neighbour, who knows about such things, to fix it for us.  I think he fixed part of it but it is still leaking.
So, it looks like we have to have a new set of taps.  I am sure that was the problem when I was trying to explain what was wrong to the neighbour.
He kept talking about faucets and I kept talking about taps.  He didn't have a clue what I meant.
Philip has replaced these taps before so we are going out to buy another set this evening and he, with Alan's assistance, will replace them himself.
Oh joy.




After the amount of swearing that poured forth when he had his head under the sink trying to wrap a bit of tape around the pipe.......I am not looking forward to this next adventure.
Plus, if you had seen the state they got into trying to put some sticky tape on a box to seal it to return something Philip had bought, only to find that the bit of paper that Philip was holding should have gone inside the box and it all had to be opened up again....... well, you wouldn't give it credence.
I did hear Donna mumble something about "How many men does it take to close and stick a cardboard box"....but I don't think they heard her.

Finally, just in case  anyone is wondering :-

Merv was sighted the other day busily caring for his hole.
It was about minus 25C  with windchill when I took this photo.
He must be bloody dedicated.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home