Friday, March 28, 2014

Cat-as-trophe


Yesterday was my birthday.
Mostly, it was lovely.  I had lots of cards, a lovely box of goodies from England, a birthday cupcake, roses and gifts from my husband.
Her Royal Highness Princess Lilibet III  (pictured above - and called Lily for short) decided to give me a gift also.
Marty (the bathroom man) had just finished the first coat of paint on the bathroom walls.
He had gone to lunch to allow it to dry before he did the next coat.
Lily decided to inspect his handy work.  She has been poking her little nose in all the time.......you may remember him calling her a "Little Ship".........or something that sounded similar.......once before.

Anyway, he had gone when I noticed she was in the bath AGAIN so I yelled at her.
Have you ever done this :-  Just as the words "get out of there" were leaving my lips I noticed the paint tray on the floor which still had beautiful teal colour paint in it.
Everything went into slow motion as I could see exactly what was going to happen next.
It was too late to stop the shout leaving my lips and a startled Lily did just what I knew she would do.

She jumped out of the bath into the paint and then took off around the house.
She left teal foot prints through the living room, up the stairs and into the bedrooms.
I knew I had to catch her before she tried to clean it off her feet because it might be toxic.

My next job - ON MY BIRTHDAY - was washing a very angry cat.
I got her into the upstairs bathroom, ran a sink full of water and started washing her feet.
She went ballistic.
She called me ever swear word that exists in kitty language.
I have to admit I yelled right back at her...."We wouldn't be doing this if you would keep out of things you have no business in.  It is your own fault."
The battle was fierce but I prevailed.    I did give up when I was trying to dry her feet and she was making this low, bloodcurdling growl.
No sense pushing my luck ....let the bugger dry her own feet.

When Marty came back I was still tracking down paw prints and cleaning the carpets.
He seemed to find it amusing but I suppose he saw it as only fair, since she has been a little snot to him too.
I thought she would probably be mad with me for hours but 10 minutes later she came flouncing back, tail up and floofy.........and sat on my lap purring.

I heard Marty muttering in the bathroom too........

I think he was smiling and it sounded like he was saying "Cooking fat."
I might have misheard.
What a funny thing to say!!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home