Thursday, November 15, 2012

Sparkle

At last I think I am getting my 'sparkle' back.
Being poorly for almost 3 months and having a lot of worrying tests had made me feel down and not my usual self.
I really didn't like that feeling at all.
But, my sparkle seems to be coming back.
Yesterday evening Philip wanted to go to Mayfair Mall as his company has a store there.
Every year they have a few days where he gets a good staff discount.
The stuff is expensive so it makes a difference when you can get 50% off.
We usually buy something we wouldn't normally consider.  This year, with the medical bills just starting to arrive, we thought we would just buy something small.
On the way through the mall I spotted Father Christmas.
Mayfair Mall always has the best Father Christmas.  I always say it is the REAL one.
No false beard etc.
Anyway, having spotted him, much to Philip's dismay, I had to speak to him.
I told him that where I come from he is Father Christmas and not Santa.  He told me he went to Ireland in February and he had been Father Christmas all the time he was there.
Poor Philip, all this time, was waiting for me.
Father Christmas then put his arm around me so that Philip could take a photo.
I was so excited.
As we walked away I realised that the whole time we spoke I was talking to him as Father Christmas....not as just a man.
Even when he told me about Ireland the mental image I had was of him over there in his red suit etc.
What am I like?
I do hope Philip isn't sorry that my sparkle is back.
Bless him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home