Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Week 2

My very good friend, Sue, who I worked with for years, knowing I couldn't get about much very kindly came and picked me to take me to Dobbie's.
Dobbie's is a truly glorious place.
It is in Ashford but has been built since I was last over.  It is a garden centre, but much more than that, it is smashing.
They have a wonderful restaurant there where we had lunch and then, of course, a trip to the 'ladies'.
This is it.
Fabulous flower wash basins and beautiful walls.
They were just beginning their Christmas displays so I knew I would go back before I left.
She then took me back to her house so I could say hi to her husband Stephen, before taking me home.
My back was beginning to play me up and I couldn't sit comfortably.

I had to rest for a day or two, to recover, but then another good old mate...Fred.....came to collect me.
He had had extravagant plans to go to Brighton or somewhere equally exotic.
Alas, my pains would not allow me to sit in a car for that long so we settled on a trip to Bybrook Barn in Ashford (another garden centre) and then a short drive to Hythe for lunch.
Dear Fred kept me amused the whole time.  We had a lovely day (even though the rain was relentless).
I know he wanted to take me other places and kept asking me where I would like to go next.  He said he and the car were at my disposal, bless him, but I really needed to go home.
My back was hurting and I was tired. 
What a bloody holiday.   We have said for the past few years that someone is always ill when I go over there. This year it was obviously my turn.
There were so many things I wanted to do, so many people I wanted to see and I wasn't going to do half of it.
After a day or so's rest my dear friend Heather arrived to take me out.
We had tried two years ago to see Dover Castle but it was closed.  We had plans to do it this year but not this day.  I could not face the walking.  There is a lot of 'up' at Dover Castle.
So, she took me for lunch at a pub and then on to Walmer Castle which is a lot more user friendly....and I had never been.
She loved the wine yoke I had bought her.   Works well doesn't it?

Walmer Castle is beautiful.  It also has beautiful gardens.   Just right for posing in.

So, another lovely day and great company.
Heather took me home as I was pretty worn out but she was going off to her first night of .....Morris Dancing.   If I had been ok I would have gone too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home