Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Final Weekend of This Odd Trip


And so to Wetherspoon's for Sunday lunch.
The last pub lunch for me for another year.
This is Donna, Lauren  and Donna's chap Mark.  He is lovely and they seem very happy together.

A quick re visit of Dobbie's where Glenn captured this photo of the mens' loo for me.

How fab is this.
Mens' wee wee thingies that are flowers.

Sunday afternoon Donna took me to the hotel at the airport.  I was staying overnight in order to catch an early flight on Monday.
It was pretty basic but ok.
I fell out of bed though.   I think the mattress was old and had 'gone' at the edges.
I turned over during the night and rolled straight out onto the floor.  I don't think I have fallen out of bed since I was a kid.
All went well. I got the shuttle from the hotel to the airport and made a new friend on the way.  She was on an adventure.
She was meeting a couple of friends and they were all going to Burma for 16 days.  She said the borders have only recently been opened so they decided to go.
Coo......how blooming brave......she was even older than me !!!

The flight was fine and the aircraft half empty.  I had the aisle seat and the window one next to me was empty so I had plenty of room.
I arrived here Monday afternoon.  The cats 'seemed' pleased to have me home.   Yesterday, Tuesday, I suffered a bit probably due to the long flight and having to lug my heavy case around on my own.  I didn't sleep well last night so today I am taking things easy so I can start healing again.
The weather here is sunny and cold.  
I did enjoy my trip even though it was not how I had planned it.  Maybe we shouldn't plan things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home