Saturday, October 20, 2012

Crappity crap crap

Horrid week.
I have not felt any better since I came home.
In fact, at times, I have felt worse.
So, on Tuesday I saw my doctor and explained it all to her......the continuing pain in the side, the hospital visit in England etc.
She immediately sent me for x rays and arranged a CatScan.
She mentioned a few things it could be.........none of which were good.
I had a million x rays and then on Thursday I had the CatScan.  I haven't had one of these before.
You have to drink about a gallon on special liquid which doesn't taste that awful but ......there is so much of it.
They also injected stuff into my vein during the procedure which took around 30 minutes.
The stuff they inject makes you feel very hot and quite peculiar.
I have been in a state of turmoil all week.  The scenarios that have played out in my imagination have been horrendous.
There were many things I felt sure I had.  I couldn't eat or sleep properly and have been very weepy.
On Friday, I phoned the doctor a couple of times to see if she had any results.
I was going crazy with worry.
She eventually phoned me at around 5pm.
It seems the CatScan showed a couple of small cysts on my liver and one on a kidney. 
These, she assured me, were nothing to worry about.
They found nothing nasty.
The x rays showed I have a narrowing of the thoracic spine which could be causing this pain.
She is arranging an MRI for me for next week to see if a nerve is being pinched.

All this has been very stressful.  I am still a bit shaky. 
But, the results of the tests are far better than I had hoped so I must now get over the collywobbles.

The picture above is of HRH Princess Lilibet III doing her Halloween pose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home