Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Week 1

The first week of my trip I spent mostly lying down on Donna's sofa with heat packs on my side and back.
I did go out for a little walk now and again as I was told to keeping moving - gently.
One day, towards the end of the week, I thought I would try going into town on the bus.  The bus stop is two minutes from Donna's so I thought it would be fine.
As soon as the bus started I knew I had made a mistake.
It jiggled me about.  The bumps and vibrations did me know good at all.  By the time I got to town I had to buy a bottle of water, find a bench to sit on and take two pills.
Pants.
The coming weekend I had to be in Whitstable.  I had been looking forward to this weekend, Glenn was coming with me and we were visiting Philip's stepfather and his partner.
I had booked the B&B before leaving Milwaukee.  I didn't want to mess it up being poorly.
So, back to Donna's and more rest and heat.
Donna took Glenn and I to Whitstable on Saturday morning.  It was a glorious day too.


I had never been there before.  It is a really lovely place, like a little gem hidden away.
I managed to walk around pretty well and had chips with salt and vinegar out of the paper.  We ate them at the harbour.  I didn't even care when I was told they had been cooked in lard.
I can't remember the last time I had proper chips.
Glenn tried his first oysters ever.  I have also never tried them.....and still haven't.
He doesn't look totally convinced does he?

On Sunday it poured with rain but that didn't stop us having a proper lunch at a pub.  I had been looking forward to this.
Peter had taken his own 'gluten free' gravy with him.  Chris couldn't finish his pint so Peter asked the barmaid to put cling film on it and he took it home.  Brilliant.
The weekend was fabulous.  We had so much fun and it really helped take my mind off being poorly.

Thank you to Peter and Chris for providing such wonderful hospitality and a warm welcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home