Monday, September 17, 2012

NHS

I left for England on Saturday afternoon.
The flight was good and boring, which is just how I like it to be.
I arrived at 7.30am on Sunday, obviously very tired, but glad to be here.

I have had a niggly pain in my left side for about a week but by Sunday afternoon it was much worse.
I didn't sleep much Sunday night even though I took pain pills.
The pain in my side and lower back was very bad.  Sometimes a wave of pain washed over me and made me feel nauseous.
So, this morning Donna took me to the local hospital, ER or Accident and Emergency as it is known here.
I was concerned in case I had some sort of infection that needed antibiotics.

I was seen really quickly.  They took blood and examined me.
We then waited for the results.
The results showed no sign of infection and the opinion is that I may have a trapped nerve in my lower back which is radiating the pain round to my lower left side.
Maybe the 8 hour flight didn't help.    So, I spent my first morning, after I arrived ,in the hospital.   They have given me strong painkillers and hopefully it will ease off soon.
Donna and I spent some time wondering how much it would have cost in the US.
I don't if I would have got much change out of $1000.
Thank goodness for the NHS.

I am hoping the rest of the week is better than today.

It is still lovely to be here with Donna, Glenn and Lauren.
And...I have some brill mates.

I had to buy a new phone as my ancient one won't work any more.   It was £12 in Tesco.
If anyone wants the number please let me know, maybe via facebook, and I will give it.
Or email me at cosmicsupersue@yahoo.co.uk  (this is the only email I can access).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home