Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Week 3

A restful weekend with Donna, Lauren and Glenn.
Donna's cat, Tommy, doesn't have any problems with his back by the look of this picture.

We visited some friends of ours one evening. It was lovely to see them but I couldn't stay long.......yet again I couldn't sit comfortably.
Then another evening some friends visited us and it was good to see them.
Heather came and got me again and we met up with yet another former work colleague whom I hadn't seen in ages.  It was lovely to talk about old times and he looks really well.
Dover Castle.....we did it.
It was wonderful.  Not just the castle but the World War Two tunnels.
These have been totally revamped at a cost of 3 million pounds.
They are inter active now and really amazing.  I thoroughly recommend anyone who hasn't seen it to visit.
If you haven't been since 2010 then you will be in for a treat.  The way they showed the rescues at Dunkirk was brilliant and very touching.

Donna, Lauren and I called in at Heather and Andy's.
I had seen their little boy since he was a few months old and he is two and a half now.
He is a delight.   Donna was ready to take him home.  It was great to see him so happy and full of fun.
We also saw another friend, Paul, in the town for a cup of coffee.  It was Donna's day off so she took me.
He looked well ........I was amazed at how long it has been since I saw him.

I had lunch with Fred in Folkestone one day and Sue took me out again another day.   Time was now slipping away.  I didn't get to see my brother or any of his family.
What a strange trip this had turned out to be.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home