Sunday, November 11, 2012

Weekend.....What's a weekend?


A busy weekend.
After a busy week.
President Obama was re-elected.....oh thank goodness.
That's enough of politics.  These past few months have been a nightmare with it all.

Saturday.
I had a parcel to post to my friend, Fred, in England and we needed to go to the bank.
After that I had to find a present for my friend, June, who has been in and out of hospital for the past two months and not very well at all.
She is currently at home and we are hoping she stays there and makes a rapid recovery.
I had a couple of things I had brought her back from England and I bought her something else too.
We then popped round to see her.
She is looking rather drawn but seemed cheerful enough.

Sunday.
I was told by some of my crazy cat lady chums that there was a cat show on in Milwaukee and some of them would be there.
So, after brekkie we found the cat show.  I have only ever been to one once before but I was amazed at how well behaved and laid back the cats were.
No hissing or scratching or even wriggling.
Cats were being fussed over and groomed ...............and seemingly loving every minute of it.
There were cat rescues there too, who were trying to find homes for some gorgeous cats.
One tried to get us interested.
"We already have 5", quoth I.
"You could have 6", came the response.
"Not enough room on the bed", retorted a determined voice beside me.

 We did find the rescue I support and bought a Christmas cat bed cover from them.
I also got some earrings.
The cat bed seems to be popular so that is a bit of a result.
We then popped into The Domes which are 3 sort of huge conservatory thingies.
Gary bought me a year's subscription for my birthday last year.
The domes are 3 different climates.......temperate, arid and rain forest.
The temperate one was closed as they are getting their Christmas display ready in there.
So, we will go back again when Donna and Lauren are over.

From there we went shopping in Target and after that we did our grocery shopping.
I was totally natchered by then.
I did manage to put my Christmas curtains up in the kitchen though.
I have to start the decorations early this time as with my aches and pains I have to do a little at a time......and I put so much up.  Every room is decorated.
Sometimes I think I should not put all the stuff out but then I think....ah it is only once a year and I love Christmas so much.
I think I would be sorry if I didn't do it all.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home