Monday, April 9, 2012

Viva Las Vegas

Alright....this picture isn't from Las Vegas.
It is Lauren with a very startled looking Tootsie.  Lauren had decorated her with an Easter bow.
I don't think she was terribly impressed.

Donna left for Las Vegas early yesterday morning.   She is meeting up with a friend she hasn't seen in many years.
He used to live next door to us in Ashford when they were kids.
He now lives in California and was able to drive to Vegas.  He has been a few times before and is going to show her around.
He has already booked a couple of shows.
They phoned me yesterday from The Harley Davidson bar and sounded rather merry.
I was relieved that he had found her at the airport as I had nightmares about something going wrong and that Donna would be stranded alone in Las Vegas.
She is returning late Wednesday night and I know she will be worn out.
Las Vegas is so amazing that when you are only there a few days you try to see too much.
I do it every time.   I am totally natchered after a few days in Vegas.
Good job we are going to Phoenix Arizona for our trip away.
I have dreams of having a lovely relaxing time but I know that once I am there I will start chasing around trying to see everything.

They don't go home until the 16th.  So I will have some time with Donna after she gets back.  I think she has a couple more karaoke nights to squeeze in.

Lauren is now 13 and a half years old.
Where did that time go?
She has decided not to spend the summer with us this year.  I knew this would happen as she got into the teen years.
I am sure she has much more interesting things to do than to hang out with me and Philip.
Even so, I was pretty devastated by the news but I didn't let her see that.  I didn't want her to feel bad.
She probably has lots of friends and dare I say, boys, she wants to spend time with in the summer.
They say they are coming over at Christmas and I am hoping to go to England around September time, so it isn't so bad.
She went to a moonlight Easter egg hunt at a neighbour's house on Friday.   She had a great time and came back with a bucket of goodies.

The summer will seem strange to me without my little mate to keep me company.  We do get on well and have lots of laughs.
Remember, make the most of kids while they are young enough to still think you are cool.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home