Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Real art.



Lauren did this picture yesterday.
She worked from a photo and I think it shows real artistic talent.
I am just a tiddy bit proud of her to be honest.
I would put it on an arts & crafts page I belong to but to be honest it is getting on my wick lately.
Instead of people showing their artistic hobbies and skills, it seems to be full of people wanting to sell us their pictures .  Most of this stuff should still be in the "hobby" department to be honest.
There are a couple of good artists on there but mostly it seems to be "same old, same old".
I only ever put one of my pictures on there and despite getting lots of comments & 'likes', I don't think I will put anything on there again. It made me very nervous.
There seems little point really.  I don't ever sell anything to friends.  If ever a friend has expressed an interest in one of my pictures, I give it to them. 
Maybe I just have a different outlook on this sort of thing.
But, I still think Lauren is talented. 
It is fab to have a talent but, to be honest, there is rarely any money to be made with it.  Maybe, if you go into commercial art or something.
Other than that, unless you are an outstanding artist (very, very, few of them about.....I most certainly do not come into this category) or you are dead, then you will not make your fortune from painting pictures.
Bob Ross is a prime example.  He was a lovely guy and a talented artist.  He figured out a way to make oil painting so simple that anyone could do it.  Problem is ..........anyone can do it.  There are more Bob Ross wannabees out there than you could shake a stick at.
And they all look much the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home