Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Donna & Lauren are here !!

It has been a while since my last blog.
That is because I have been busy with company.........and other things.

They arrived on Thursday and, as always, I cannot rest until I know they have landed.
Isn't the internet a wonderful tool?
I can track their flight all the way and it notifies me when it has landed.

Philip was on support all the weekend (AGAIN) and so we couldn't go far.
Donna went out on the razzle on Thursday night and Sunday night.  It is fab because she has so many mates over here now.
We took Lauren for a stroll around The Domes.   My friend, Gary, (the one who gave me the annoying Christmas decoration) gave me a year's pass to the Domes which is a really brill place.  3 different climates under glass.
Look here if you like.
http://county.milwaukee.gov/MitchellParkConserva10116.htm

They have different exhibitions on in there too and even have live music at times.

Lauren has been having fun catching up with Tootsie.  The last time she was here she had 5 tiny kittens to take to bed with her.  The only one left of that bunch is Tootsie but she is still happy to be tucked in with Lauren.

Monday I had to go for an ultra sound on my carotid arteries in my neck.
I had gone to see the doctor with a bad leg !!!!!
I only went because people were nagging me.  I thought it was a muscle problem but as I have had it several weeks (I had pain in it when Alan was here) some thought it could be a deep vein thrombosis so should be checked out.
The doctor agreed with me and gave me advice about keeping hydrated and maybe taking magnesium etc, but during her glance through my notes she noticed that my blood test in January had, again shown I have high cholesterol.
She pulled a face at me.  We have had many discussions about this.  She wanted me to go on statins but as they have been proved to be on no use in preventing heart attack and as they really bugger your liver up, I have refused.  Statins are big business over here.
I have been a vegetarian for 25 years.  I exercise.  I am not overweight.   If my cholesterol is high then it is hereditary.  Cholesterol is actually manufactured in our bodies as it is essential for our muscles.  Everyone I know who has taken statins have had to stop through muscle cramps and liver problems.  You have to have a blood test every month to check for liver damage if you take them.
Hmmmm........cholesterol is essential for muscles.........hmmmm...what is your heart?  
I have also had a heart catheterization which did not show any clogging of the arteries.
But, there is a history of stroke in my family.......my mum........her sister..... so the ultra sound was to check the arteries in my neck in case they were getting blocked up.
Bugger....she was determined to get me one way or the other.
When, the tech was just going to start my ultra sound she said "Oh yes, your doctor sent you for this test as she could hear something odd on the right hand side when she examined you."
"Oh yes," I replied with an air of nonchalance.
That blooming doctor hadn't said a word to me about hearing anything 'odd'.  Now I was worried.
The test was easy.  Much easier than most tests I have had for various things and I was sent on my way.   But now I was 'un' easy.
I just got a phone call from the doctor's office.  When I saw who it was I was a bit concerned.  I only went yesterday.........this was bloody quick.
"All normal" they said.   Phew. That was a relief.

This morning I had to go to the dentist for my crown prep.
It is pants. 
My dentist is lovely and the assistant is lovely, but there is nothing lovely in being in that chair for an hour and a half with a ton of junk in your gob having your tooth ground down to nothing.
Now I have a temporary crown fitted and will get the permanent one at the end of the month.

Too much typing.  My fingers ache.........I can't even begin to tell you the conversation I overheard in the dentist's waiting room.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home