Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hopes

                                                                     PHEONIX ARIZONA

While at work yesterday, the lady I work for had some dreadful news about her mother's health.
It upset me all day.
I know her mum well and didn't want to hear this.
I truly had a problem trying to focus for much of the day.
The journey home cheered me up.  There were a couple of kids at the bus stop...boy about 12 and a girl about 14.
They were loud and boisterous and I approached with a little trepidation.  Pants !  I would have to wait at the bus stop with them.
Just to prove me wrong they turned out to be lovely.
The boy said hello to me as soon as I got there and then said he liked my hair.
The girl, on hearing me reply that I liked his hair too, remarked on my accent and told me how cool it was.
They then kept me amused all the time we waited for the bus.   I worked with kids this age for years and usually seem to get on well with them.  Maybe it says something about my mind set.
Perhaps I am an old adolescent ninny who really should be old enough to know better.
I don't care.  After a gloomy day they were just what I needed.

The picture above is where we would like to go for a few days in May.
Philip and I haven't had a holiday in a number of years.  He is under so much stress at work that he really needs it .......and I do too.
We spent some time searching the "cheapo vacation" sites but many of the places they advertise are only available on indirect flights from Milwaukee.
I really don't like having to change planes.  I like to get on the plane and know when I get off I am there.
So, it looked like we would have to fly from Chicago, which is an hour and a half away and a journey Philip does every day to and from work.
That sounded pants too.
Then we found Pheonix Arizona.  Oh it looks brill and it is a direct flight from Milwaukee.  We are looking at The Wigwam Resort.
See here.
 http://www.wigwamresort.com/index.shtml
It looks fab.  Swimming pools, golf, bars.....and lots of places of interest nearby.
Plus they have a special offer right now which means we could get the flights, hotel and a car for 4 nights for just $500 each.
I suppose that is around 300 pounds.  This seems like a good deal, particularly when you haven't been anywhere for a long time.
Apparently, the temperatures generally haven't gone sky high in May (about 30C I think ).  That would be perfect.
I have spoken to a couple of friends who have been and they love it.
I do hope it works out as every time we have tried to plan a trip before, something crops up at work.
Fingers crossed this time.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home