Monday, March 19, 2012

Sleigh bells ring..........


At last we ordered the bed.
The sleigh bed in the picture.  We ordered it on Saturday and it should arrive on Friday.
Oh I can't wait.
Much as I love sleeping on the memory foam mattress, I do not like being on the floor.  I know it won't feel any different but I don't like being so low down.
I mean, I have reach really high to my bedside cupboard, to get my cup of tea !!!!
In a moment of weakness we bought a matching chest of drawers too.
The one we have is falling to bits so it needs to be put out by the roadside until someone picks it up.
Normally about 20 minutes.
You could put anything out there, vacuum cleaners, toaster ovens, old undies.......and they are all gone in minutes.
Which is nice.

Sunday we went out for brekkie as usual.  Philip had a "chicken fried steak".....lord knows who thought this up, but it is a southern thing.
They get a steak, cover it in the sort of coating you put on southern friend chicken, and then fry it.  It comes covered in "country gravy" which is pale and thick and looks disgusting.
People seem to enjoy it though.  Philip certainly did.
Me?
Oh I was totally sensible and had an Alaskan Waffle.
This waffle is covered in strawberries, ice cream and fresh cream.  Yum.
It was like eating dessert for brekkie.....and why not !!!

We then went to the driving range where he practised his swearing at golf clubs/balls and I did some people watching.  My favourite pastime when not eating waffles and ice cream.
Just bimbled around the shops after that, came home and read the paper.   The weather continues to be glorious.  It has hit 80F quite a lot and you feel like you should be out doing 'stuff'.
Trouble is there isn't much 'stuff' to do.
We are generally still enveloped in snow at this time of year so nothing is up and running.   No outdoor activities.   Way too dubious to start any gardening as it could still change dramatically.  We have had deep snow in mid April before so I never put any bedding plants out until May.
My chum up the road assures me that Winter is not over and it will be back with a vengeance at the end of March.
Shut up.

I have been asked to do a dog portrait.  I am pleased.  It is a lovely boxer dog with a face full of expression.  I have the photos to work from and will be starting it soon.  I am currently in the middle of a painting so I can switch back and forth between the two. The painting will take several weeks, even months to complete so it will be nice to do both for a change.
I was brave enough to put my wolf picture on a facebook page I belong to that is all about arts and crafts.   I doubt I will put another on there though.  There are some amazing artists (a few rubbish ones too ) on there and I just don't feel my work is up to their standard.  I felt very self conscious as soon as I had put it on there.  
I don't think I will do it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home