Thursday, March 15, 2012

Weather & Wolves


                                                                   FROST WOLF

It has been an odd week.
Firstly the weather.
A week ago we were under snow and ice.
Then it all changed at the weekend and things started to warm up.
Big time.
At the beginning of the week it was in the 70sF, warm & sunny.  We then had the most amazing thunderstorms.  Severe storm warnings on the telly.  Hail the size of footballs (I may have exaggerated a little there).  I was expecting a tornado warning but didn't get one.........yet.
Yesterday was in the upper 70s and today it looks like we hit 80F or 28C (I think).
Wisconsin weather is officially mad.
For the first time ever, I have seen daffodils.  Maybe they have tried to grow before but are not usually visible through 4 feet of snow.
The birds are all getting twitterpated.
I just hope it continues now.  Please, please don't let me wake up to 2 feet of snow any time soon.

I finished the above picture this week too.   I had started making plans for it when Alan was here.  I had accumulated photos and had formulated a design in my head.  Alan was excited as he loves wolves.
I may use it as this year's Christmas card.  I have had such positive feedback about it that I may make a collection of wolf pictures.  I have been told over and over to make a facebook page with my artwork on it.  I haven't so far as I wouldn't want anyone to think I am pushing stuff at them.  Maybe I will just make the page and put prices on it.  Then anyone who wants one can contact me.  I am nervous about even doing this though.  I don't have a lot of confidence in the stuff I produce but I expect everyone is like that.

Tuesday one of my teeth felt funny.  No not the one I have had all the trouble with.  That is now elsewhere and can hurt as much as it likes.   No, this didn't hurt........just felt as though it had something stuck in it.  Only it didn't.  On further inspection it had a lump missing from it.   Pee, po, belly, bum, drawers.....here we go again.
I saw the dentist yesterday.   It needs a crown.   I guessed that.  It will cost $500.......I guessed that too.
He put a temporary squirt of something in it and I will have the prep done in a couple of weeks.
Always something.

Finally, a bus stop story.
With me in the shelter, whilst waiting for a bus to the mall, was a lady.
This lady was fiddling with her mobile phone.  It made a funny noise.
Coming over to me she pointed at the screen and said, "Can you tell me what this says as I can't see without my glasses."
I am exactly the same.  I felt sorry for her.   I know how lost I am without mine.
"Ok," said I, and began rummaging around it my bag in search of my specs.
How is it that everything you ever want out of your handbag, be it lipstick, keys, glasses, toilet chain, (another story altogether)  whatever, always manages to elude you.
After spending 5 minutes pulling stuff out of my bag, shoving things in my pockets and searching around the bottom of it,  I found them.  Took them out of the case and put them on.
All this time she waited patiently for me to read the screen to her.
"Oh," I said, "It just says you received a text at 11.15am."
" Ok, thanks," she replied, "I just didn't want to have to look through my bag for my glasses."
Sigh....................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home