Saturday, March 24, 2012

Sleigh Beds Ring ......are you listening?

The sleigh bed.
King size.
Bloody big.

It arrived as foretold, on Friday morning.
Funny, when the mattress & base came 3 weeks ago we had about a foot of new snow.
This day, 84F...around 30C....still can't get my head around it.

Anyway, it came and it is brill.
I put the covers on it immediately and also immediately it was claimed by Tootsie.
So, she is in the picture.

It is very comfy and high.  I like high beds. You have to be careful not to fall out though.
It is a long drop.
I almost didn't sleep in it last night.  Poor Philip had snorey poops big time. After a few prods and shakes, it became obvious he wasn't giving up so I took myself off to a spare bed.
I was not at all gruntled.
I was very 'disgruntled' as I wanted to sleep on my posh new mattress but it didn't seem like I would get any sleep with Philip rattling the windows.
After a while I found I needed to get up for a wee.  As I passed our bedroom, the one with the posh new bed and mattress, I noticed .........nothing.
No noise.
No rumblings, no snorts and no grunts.
I waited for a bit..........silence.
So, I took a chance and ventured back into the new bed.   I fully expected him to spring back to life and explode into a barrage of  roaring thunder, boom, boom, boom, as soon as I settled down.
But no.......no launch of cannon fire.   I could sleep !!!
"To sleep, perchance to dream"  - unfortunately it was to dream........to dream of enormous spiders that invaded my house.  Not only did they invade but they laid eggs which hatched into thousands of baby spiders which were everywhere.
There were spiders' webs everywhere, which caught in my hair and plastered my face.
Oh why, oh why??
I thought having a sleigh bed would make me dream of Christmas and jingle bells.....well you know what thought did don't you?
He thought his bum was falling out of bed so he got out to push it back in again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home