Saturday, March 10, 2012

An Enlightening Week

Friendship is not capable of ending
For if it ends it is only because it never existed. 



I like that quote.  Makes me feel a lot better about stuff.

I am getting excited now, looking forward to Donna and Lauren's visit.
Lauren keeps sending me messages to say how much she wants to get here.  That is nice.
What is also nice is the fact that she adores Philip too.
She even put him as her 'granddad' on facebook.  He loves this. 
They do get on so well too.  That helps.
We have bought her some new bits and pieces for her room.  I love the fact that we have two spare bedrooms, one of which is hers.  Not just a spare room but personalised with things she has chosen herself so that it is totally 'hers'.
I like the fact that she has a haven here, which must feel like home.
She will miss gathering up 5 kittens to take up to bed with her this time though.

Donna is even more excited because she is going to spend 4 days in Las Vegas during this trip.
She is meeting up with an old friend who used to live next door to us in Ashford when they were kids.
He is currently living in California and can drive to Las Vegas.
He has been many times before so will be giving her an amazing guided tour.
I am not jealous.............much.   Las Vegas is one of my most favourite places, but I think I am more excited over Donna going and seeing it all for the first time, than if I were going again.

We are hoping to have a few days away ourselves, probably in May.
This will be before the kids start their summer holidays (they start at the beginning of June here) and will hopefully be a bit cheaper.
I would like to go somewhere warm.  We haven't had a break away for several years.   I do hope we can this time.
Then, Lauren, and possibly Donna will be back for the summer.   Glenn is just starting a new job on Monday so he won't be able to come.  He needs to build up some money and even if I paid for him to come over, he wouldn't as he likes to be able to pay his own way.  He had a rotten 2011.
He had two surgeries, one of which was life threatening.  He was off work for ages and lost his job and he has been very depressed.  He has been doing horrid agency work which was sometimes there, and sometimes not. We have all been very concerned about him but at last things seem to be looking up.
I am really hoping I can get over there in September/October time.  I need to see him and my friends.  I really missed that trip last year.
Right then back to the book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home