Thursday, March 8, 2012

Bedtime reading..........

I am reading the book.
Well, that is enough said on that subject.

The new bed is brill.
I am really surprised at just how much I like this memory foam mallarky.
Of course, ( <---- did you what I did there? That is what we call a comma.  Not everyone knows about these ), it does help that it is a king size bed and is huge.
Oh I have so much more room.  It is delish.
There is more than enough room for two, plus varying numbers of cats too ( <-------- did you see that?  You can spell two or too instead of just to.  Not everyone knows that either. )

The strange dreams continue though.
This last one seemed to go on forever.  I even woke up once but when I went back to sleep, I found myself right back in it.
In this one I was trying to look after a disabled couple and their daughter.  It was awful.  The guy could do virtually nothing for himself and I was trying to wash and dress him, feed him......oh and more...yuk.
Then a friend of mine showed up to tell me the daughter had to have her appendix out and we would be the theatre nurses.
Now, this is ok for her.  She is a retired ICU nurse.  I, on the other hand, cannot apply a plaster without it screwing up and sticking itself into a little bundle of gunk. 
I would be ok if you just needed someone to hand you an aspirin and to tell you it would be better in the morning, but a theatre nurse !!!!!
It looked like I was going to get out of it when the surgeon didn't arrive.  I was just getting my coat on and heading for the door when three surgeons showed up and the poor, bloody patient was wheeled in.
They kept asking me to do medical stuff.  Had I bleached the patient?  Yeah, that is what one said.
I was looking around for a tub of Ajax or a bottle of Domestos but there wasn't any.
Then they started getting out syringes and drips.   I had no clue what to do with any of it and my friend was absolutely no help at all.
Things were not looking good for the poor girl.
They had just started wielding scalpels, when I woke up.  I was so relieved that I woke up.  I couldn't allow myself to go back to sleep in case they were still there, stitching her up by running her under the sewing machine or something.
I wonder what that was all about?
If anyone has any ideas I would love to know.

"Timmy, having found a pimple on his bum decided to stand up."
Oh don't you know who Timmy is.........really........ I just assumed you would.  :)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home