Sunday, February 26, 2012

Face, snow, bed ........arse.

I have been having pain in my jaw, ear, teeth and face for a couple of weeks.
It has been all rather vague and each time I thought I had figured out where it was coming from....it would move again.
Anyway, Wednesday, I woke up with real pain that seemed to be coming from my teeth, but affecting my jaw and ear.
I went to work and felt wretched.  Fortunately, my dentist is just across the street from work so I phoned and then went over there when I had finished.
He took x rays and prodded around before announcing he could find nothing wrong with my teeth but thought I may have a sinus infection, which can, apparently cause all this stuff.
He wrote me a prescription for antibiotics and I am hoping that will do the trick.

Thursday.........big day.  The bed (well mattress and base) was due to arrive in the morning.
But, they rang Wednesday night to say it would not be delivered until Friday morning.  Pants.
I got a little bit concerned in case it was going to turn into one of those tales of "six weeks later and still no bed", that you occasionally hear of.
The weather had been dry for weeks and then Thursday morning we woke up to this :-

Perfect weather to have men dragging a king size bed in and the treading snow through the house and up the stairs.
I got out a load of old sheets that haven't made their way to the charity shop yet, and set about covering the floor.
They had given me a delivery time of between 10am and 1pm.
At 9.45am they rang to say they were on their way and they arrived spot on 10am.
I needn't have worried.
They had these dear little booties that they put on over their snow boots when they came in.
The old bed and base was taken away free.........goodo, always a nightmare to get rid of these things unless a neighbour happens to be having work done and has inadvertently left a skip outside.
The base was in two sections so that went up the stairs easily.
The mattress was a slightly different story.  They had to take all the pictures off the walls and the light fitting nearly went west but after much huffing and puffing (mostly by me just watching them), the bed was assembled in our bedroom.
It is huge.
After they had gone I went upstairs to lie on it while I phoned Philip to let him know it had been successfully installed and I found they had left two mints on it.
How sweet was that?

We have slept on it for two nights now and we both like it.  It is a bit odd though.   You can't feel the other person move around as it doesn't transfer motion.
I still get the same number of cats sleeping around me and on my head but I can't feel them get on the bed.
It is firmer than any bed I have had before but I like that too. It is definitely comfy and I find I don't turn over as many times as I would usually.
The pillows are twice as long as regular pillows which is great for me as I generally have to share mine with a cat. 
I did tell Philip that I thought it might be an idea to take our mobile phones to bed with us in case we needed to talk to each other.

Now if only I could stop Philip snoring I think I would have a wonderful night's kip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home