Thursday, February 16, 2012

New Vet


Firstly, Alanmas ended on Tuesday.
Philip took him to the airport in the morning.  It is always a little bit sad.  The past six weeks have truly flown by.
But, at least now he spends a week or so in Whitstable.  Whilst here he can catch up with some old mates in Ashford.
He apparently met up with some of them today.
I shall have to wait until I hear from him again to find out how it all went. 
I saw a post on Facebook to say he was enjoying a pint with one of his old chums so I know he met up with them.
He phoned me yesterday and apparently his flight was fine but he stayed overnight at a hotel at the airport.......and it was pants.
He had no sleep because the room was too hot (the thermostat on the heating didn't work), the bed was too hard and the bathroom fan would not turn off.
Poor Alan.
Still at least he was only there for one night.

This evening we took Bubba (sitting in the bowl above) to visit the prospective new vet.
The vet was lovely.
He explained more to us in this one visit than we have ever been told over the years of visiting the other one.
He is going to do Bubba's dental procedure on Feb 28th and also treat all the other little buggers for the parasite that Bubba has had.
He said they can carry it without exhibiting symptoms.
I explained that we would like to bring our others to him.  I also forewarned him of  Lily The Exploding Kitty.
He didn't seem worried about her at all...........Muaha ha ha ha....he will learn.
The prices are way more reasonable and we are hopeful that this will be a positive move.
We have been with the other vet's office for 13 years.  I say "office" and not "vet" because they have changed many times over the years.  This new guy works alone so at least we know who we will see each time we go.

Donna and Lauren are coming over here at the end of March.  I am so looking forward to it.  I am also looking forward to getting over to England sometime later in the year.
I missed that trip last year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home