Friday, August 26, 2011

River Rhythms



So, despite feeling a bit crappity, crap, crap, I went to River Rhythms on Wednesday.
I had no idea who the band were.........just wanted to get out & about.
We met Gary over there and discovered that the band were called.........wait for it.............

Reverend Raven And The Chain Smoking Altar Boys.


Personally, I think we should have reported them to the 'Trade Descriptions Police'.
The Reverend Raven was like no clergyman I have met..........and considering I myself belong to the clergy - I do.........I should know one when I see one.
And, the Chain Smoking Altar Boys may have been chain smokers but they were definitely not boys and hadn't been boys for many a long decade.

Here is proof in case you doubt my word as a minister.

Anyway, they were not to my taste.
They are apparently a well known Milwaukee band.
They are very good musicians.......but........it was all blues with a pinch of jazz thrown in.
They played their own songs, which, of course, we had never heard before.

We stayed for a couple of hours by which time, I was getting tired and Philip was thoroughly bored. It was good to see Gary though. We gave him the 5 Card Studs t. shirt we bought him.
He has strict instructions to wear it next week when they are at River Rhythms.
We have them too so it should be a bit of fun.
That will be the last River Rhythms free concert for this year. It is always tinged with sadness as it heralds the end of summer for me.
I suppose we shall be thinking about Halloween soon. I have noticed the spooky stuff in the shops already.

Gary did bring me an interesting clothing catalogue.
Remember this is Wisconsin.
The sizes were as follows.

Small
Medium
Large
X. Large
and
Ample

Oh I bet they sell way more Amples than Smalls around these parts.........or those parts for that matter.



2 Comments:

At August 27, 2011 at 12:42 PM , Blogger Heather said...

I approve of your middle name!!!

 
At August 27, 2011 at 2:55 PM , Blogger Sue Banks said...

Is that yours too then?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home