Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Whatever it is..........he's agin it.

We seem to have more than our fair share of odd people here in Milwaukee.
They do make life a little more interesting though.
A little more colourful.

This morning I was off to the Mall.
I walked round to the bus stop which was no longer there. There were big earth mover thingies there.
There was also a rather large hole there.
There were construction men in hard hats.
What there wasn't was a bus stop.
After making enquiries with a somewhat hunky looking guy with big boots I was directed across the road to a temporary bus stop.
Where I was to find our latest eccentric.
I am being rather kind calling him that as he was not being kind at all.

He was pacing up and down by the traffic lights, outside our chemist, Walgreens, carrying a banner.
On this banner were the words...........

ASK IF THE HEAD
PHARMACIST IN
WALGREENS STILL
SMOKES POT.

He was waving this thing at all the passing traffic and those that had stopped at the lights.
I wondered if anyone had been in to tell the poor pharmacist about this guy.
I decided that someone probably had and made sure I didn't make eye contact.
What can be the reason ( if one is needed) for someone to do something like this.
It wasn't as if he had been sold a duff car or something..........we have seen someone else with a banner protesting outside a car showroom about being sold a lemon.
I can understand that.
Maybe he trawls through criminal records to see if he can find something on someone and then takes up, what he believes to be a campaign.
Sad man. Probably hadn't taken his medication.

I went to the Mall at 11 am.
When I came back, 3 hours later.............HE WAS STILL THERE.
He must have been frozen.

This afternoon, using ingredients I brought back with me, I made my Christmas Cake.
It is in the oven now.
The fruit had been soaking in sherry for 3 days and smelled good enough to eat on it's own.
I am making some dear little ones for some friends too.
I shall have to start feeding them all brandy........yum.

No more dreams of candy bars.......thank goodness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home