Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Bloody raptors

Today Donna and I went into Folkestone.
I needed to get my nails done again and as, unfortunately, the lovely vietnamese place in Ashford had used stuff last time that made my fingers burn and itch, it was back to the place I used to frequent in Folkestone.
This does cost much more but I couldn't face the discomfort I went through last time so I had to shell out the cash.
I have spent way too much money this visit.
I am not sure what on. My supplies for home didn't cost any more than they usually do but money seems to have sprinted out of my purse at an alarming rate this trip.
I still have a special visit tomorrow and a trip to Leeds Castle on Friday ( I am told this isn't cheap) ........oh well.
I also have to get Lauren a "going away" pressie from me.
I do this to take the sting out of leaving her. We do get on very well and we both have great difficulty saying goodbye.
The pressie helps.

Tonight I had hoped to go to archeology club.
I went to astronomy club and it was brill. I had planned to go to archeology club too..........but ...Donna doesn't get the chance to go out much in the evening so I didn't think I could deny her a night out with her mates.
She has to make the most of me being here......a permanent babysitter.....and who can blame her.
I hope she has had a good time.
I stupidly watched Jurassic Park.
Why do I do this?
This movie always gives me nightmares but it fascinates me.
Philip will be so cross when he finds out I watched it again.
Only the first movie...........the rest were pants....in my opinion.
But, the first one.....oh those poxy raptors.
I will have nightmares about being chased by raptors and a T. Rex for weeks now, but I have to watch it.
I remember Steve Abbott gave me the book to read once, years ago.
I only got a few pages in....nightmares for weeks.

I did fill a gap in Lauren's education yesterday.
I bought her the DVD..........Labyrinth.
I couldn't believe she had never seen it. I love it. The effects are not the computer generated junk you get now that all looks exactly the same. They were done by Henson and I think they are fab.
Of course Donna and I also had a bit of a perv over David Bowie.......woof.
Special effects, in my opinion, were more impressive then. I do find them a bit "same old, same old" now.
I was right..........she loved it.

Tomorrow I have a bit of an adventure.
I am slightly stressed about it..........it is just the fear of the unknown.
Then in the evening I am going to visit another old friend.
Trying to cram a lot into the last few days over here...........it will be worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home