Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Zoo

Monday.........Lauren and I took a trip to the zoo.
Port Lymme (not sure of the spelling) to be precise.
This is quite a nice zoo but is very expensive.....well I think so anyway.
We went a couple of years ago and got talked into doing the African Experience in which you get driven around part of the zoo on an old army truck.
It expensive and wasn't worth it. Blooming cold and very uncomfortable.

So, we took off on foot. Donna was meant to come too but she is not a fan of zoos and dibbed out.
Lauren and I had fun though.
I got rather concerned when as we were walking around I noticed that we were doing a lot of "down" slopes and "down" steps.
This, of course, means that at some point you will need to be walking "ups". Lots of "ups".

There always seems to be more "ups" than "downs" and today my legs are complaining.
Maybe not as much as we were complaining yesterday.

No day out with Lauren is complete without a visit to the gift shop.
This generally takes longer than the journey through the zoo itself.
But, after spending much time and more money we were able to make our way home.
Totally natchered.

Today we went to Asda and Tesco so that I could stock up on supplies to take home.
Oh joy...........pot noodles..........Bombay Mix.........Cadbury chocs........instant custard........twiglets....and many more delicacies.
I decided against the jar of red cabbage. I did manage this last year but it was a worry.
If it breaks in my case with all that red vinegar, my clothes would be ruined.
I shall be kicking myself at Christmas though with no red cabbage to put in sandwiches.
I am just hoping now that I can get it all in my cases and it doesn't go over the weight allowance.
I would hate to leave anything out.

1 Comments:

At October 6, 2009 at 3:54 AM , Blogger Uji, Angel Izzy, Ziggy, Angel Bean, Angel Hiro and Momma Tea said...

Maybe someone can send you some out well packaged of course. I would be happy to if you let me know what brand you prefer.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home