Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bimbling along

I am having a lovely time.
I am still amazed at how much I miss my friends.

I have a few very old friends ( they are not old ....I have just known them for a long time) and I am so priviledged to have them.

Yesterday I met up with people who I knew when my kids were little.
We were very close then but, as so often happens, life makes you drift apart.
Facebook has enabled me to meet up with them again.
Their son, who was a little bugger as a child, has grown into a lovely man who came to Donna's to pick me and Lauren up, then take us to his parents house.
They hadn't changed a bit........well, maybe put on a little weight, but looked all the better for it.
We talked like we had seen each other just last week, when in fact it has been many years.
We shared memories....some I didn't even remember, and it was wonderful the way the interval of time disappeared and we were mates again.
They don't fly....so they will never visit me.
I wish they would.
I have higher hopes of the son as he seemed rather keen to visit Milwaukee.
I do hope he does. He is a lovely guy, who brought us home after we had gabbled on and on.
He has also got his mum on Facebook now so ,hopefully, we can keep in touch.
I think this is an amazing tool. It has linked me up to people I would never have met again.
Good friends...........true friends.
I think true friends are the ones you can pick up with as if you have never been apart.

I have just come back from meeting some other true friends.
We used to get together every Tuesday and they still do. So, it was easy to join in again.......and yet again, it was like time had not intervened.
Great mates....mates who you can just be yourself with...........brilliant.
I miss this greatly.

Tomorrow a dear friend whom I worked with for many years at a school in Ashford is taking me to meet up with another one of our former colleagues.
More people I miss dearly.
I think that when you move away it isn't the place that you miss, so much as the people.
Well, that is how it is for me anyway.
We went through some up and downs at this place.
We shared many laughs and some tears..........but the important word here is "shared".
I am looking forward to spending the day with them tomorrow.

On Thursday I think I may take the train to Canterbury and have a bimble around there.
Canterbury is always a joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home