Thursday, September 24, 2009

Astronomy

Glenn and I went to Dave and Tina's on Tuesday.
The usual suspects were all there, I am pleased to say.

We are going to Astronomy Club for the first time tomorrow.
Dear Andy is going to pick us up and I am very grateful for this.
Neither Glenn nor I have been before and it is held in Woodchurch.
We are not familiar with Woodchurch and I think we would almost certainly get lost even with directions.
So, thanks Andy mate.

I was told what the subject is but I think I have forgotten. It might have been something to do with the moon.
Ahhhhhhhh........whatever it is .....we will enjoy it.
I am looking forward to seeing Big Big Steve too. Been a while since I've seen the old bugger.

Donna is working all night tonight. Glenn came over and I cooked him dinner.
We were talking about how some old films, with their limited special effects, are still more scary than a lot of the more recent movies.
We decided that our most scary film of all time is...........Quatermass and The Pit.
This film still terrifies me. I love to watch it though.
The tension never lets up and effects ,which really should be laughable now..........are still very disturbing.

Talking of special effects...........on Tuesday we watched the programme the SciFi channel made of the 30th anniversary of Star Trek in London in 1997.
The one where I and Frederik ( and assisted by Jose) made lots of our group into Klingons, Cardassians, Ferengi, Bajorans, Bolian and Andorian and of course Morn....whatever he was.
It was brill to see all of us again.
Some looked so young.
Some looked just the same.
Some looked better now than then ( Dave I mean you......I do think you look better now than you did then......I know it seems impossible to improve on perfection but you have).
I looked dodgy. I had had a major accident in my car a couple of days before.
I remember having a bloodshot eye, many bumps and bruises and for that day I left off the neck brace I was supposed to wear.
I had also had to leave home at around 5 am and had been doing make up for around 10 hours but the thing that surprised me most was that I couldn't remember hardly anything of the "do" itself.
I remember doing the make up.
I vaguely remember them filming us.
I vaguely remember being interviewed............but as for the festivities...........hardly anything.

The best part was that the tickets for this event had sold out months before.
When the SciFi channel contacted me and asked me to do it they also offered to supply free tickets to all those I took along to transform into aliens.
It was a brill deal.
A night to remember............only I don't.
Good job it is on film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home