Sunday, September 27, 2009

Star gazing

Andy kindly took Glenn and myself to Woodchurch to the Astronomy Club.

It was brill.
The people were very friendly and welcoming. They didn't seem a bit concerned that I know very little about the galaxy ( well I know quite a bit about the choccy bar).
Big, Big Steve was there.
I haven't seen him in a couple of years and he hasn't changed a bit.....well except that he has shorter hair.
I presented him with the Hershey chocolate he had requested ( yukkky but that is just my opinion...I suppose someone has to like the stuff), and he seemed very happy with it.
Lovely to have a chat with him after all this time...........good ole Stevie.

It all kicked off with a talk about taking photos of the moon etc.

Then we went outside.
It was a very clear night and I was quite amazed at what we could see.
Drew (I think that is his name) pointed out constellations. He was great at making it all seem so simple and I learned a lot.

It did get a bit nippy out there and we came in for a most welcome cup of coffee.
A raffle completed the evening and if I lived over here I would most certainly join this club.
I haven't found anything like it in Milwaukee and doubt that a fun, casual group like this does exist there, but I will look again when I get back.

Saturday Donna, Lauren and I spent the day with friends who have a holiday caravan at a lovely site somewhere near Broadstairs.
They spend most of the summer there and then return to their home in Ashford at the end of October.
I had never been down there before. I was very impressed.
After a lovely day it was back to don the posh frock and off to Andy's party.
I thought I looked pretty good in my frock until I saw Dave in his.
He looked really foxy. I took lots of photos and I will put some of them on Facebook when I get home.
Everyone looked tra la posh.

Today Glenn, Lauren and I went for Sunday lunch at Wetherspoons.
Donna was working.
We had a wonderful Sunday roast in there. For 5.95 you get a choice of roast beef, pork, half a chicken or veggie roast plus a drink........wine, beer or soft drinks.
It was really excellent.

Tomorrow we are off to the zoo.

1 Comments:

At September 27, 2009 at 1:11 PM , Blogger Manky Badger said...

The lunch you had in Wetherspoons was less than half the price of what I had yesterday, and was probably twice as good....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home