Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fabby fab fab

Yesterday was fab.
My friend Sue and her hubby picked me up and took me to Garyth's for coffee.
He and his wife have moved into a house in Lymne.
It is a wonderful house. They have done a lot to it and it looks great.
I was so impressed by the bathroom.
In case you don't know, I am an Art Deco freak. I adore the style of the era.
When he showed me the bathroom........oh it was brill. Hot pink walls with black and pink Art Deco tiles and mirrors.
I took photos.
Next year we have to choose which project to do ....choice is between upstairs bathroom (known as my bathroom), downstairs bathroom and kitchen.
I am hoping it will be the upstairs bathroom (mine) and I shall copy Garyth's decor.
It sounds pants but looks amazing.

After we had had coffee and cake with them I thought Sue would drop me back home...but no....she took me back to her house for lunch.
The coffee morning turned into a whole day and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
God I miss my friends.

Today I took the train to Canterbury.
Donna has a dodgy foot. Not sure what the problem is but she has suffered with it on and off for years.
I was happy to go alone. I love to window shop and to bimble around the shops.
She isn't too keen on shopping.
So, off on my own.
I had a great day. I bought some things for Christmas prezzies.
My friend June in Milwaukee is probably the best Christian I have ever met. If all Christians were like her the world would be a better place.
She is kind and caring and tries to follow her faith without pushing it onto other people.
So, into the Cathedral shop to get some things for her. She will love them. Last year I got her Christmas Carols sung by the Canterbury Cathedral choir.
I wish I could bring her over..........she would be amazed by Canterbury Cathedral. The things they call cathedrals over there are no bigger than our churches.

I see so many things I would love to buy but the weight is a problem.
They are so strict now on the weight of the cases that I am severely limited. Shame. There was some wonderful china I would have liked to take back.
But, I have to save room for all the Christmas goodies I have to buy. Icing, marzipan etc....these things all add up.
I think I shall buy selection boxes for my friends back there too as these are unheard of in Milwaukee.

Whilst in Canterbury I completed a questionaire for a charming Dutch student. His English was marvellous....my Dutch is not so.
The train journey is enjoyable as it isn't rush hour and I get a bus right outside Ashford station that drops me a few yards from Donna's house.
Tomorrow I shall go into Ashford town and then on Saturday we will be invading Essex to visit my brother and family.
The time is zipping by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home