Monday, September 21, 2009

Shopping

Out shopping with Donna today.
Retail therapy at its finest.

Oh there are so many "precious things" I would love to buy but I am no longer "local" so I cannot.
I am so conscious of the weight of everything now.
I wonder what the shop assistants think when they see me drool over something....then pick it up......jiggle it a bit..........sigh ........and put it down again.
But, I have starting buying a few things that I can take back.
They do soon add up though........so I have to be strict with myself.
I am still somewhat disappointed at the lack of Chrimbo things in the stores.
What are they thinking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mid September and no selection boxes, liquers.......etc..........yet...........come on people I need these things.

Then this afternoon I visited with another very old friend.
I first met this guy when we worked together in 1986.
In fact he was in the interview panel for the job I had applied for in social services.......I got the job and we worked together for quite a few years before I left and went into education.
A great bloke.
We have remained friends ever since.
Donna, Lauren and I went round to visit with him and his wife ( who is a lovely person too).
They live in Ashford but have an apartment in Florida, a canal boat and a house in France.
How fab is that!!!!
They always ask when we (Philip and I) will visit them in Florida. They spend 12 weeks a year there.
Of course we would love to but Philip doesn't get much vacation time and what he does get is precious to him...........but, we really must go sometime.
They are great people and we would have a lovely time.

Again I am blessed with friends that go back years.
Maybe I am selfish.............I don't like to part with people once I become friends with them.
I actually think it is more than that.
It takes me a while to really trust people but once I do, I am extremely loyal and I do treasure the true friends I have made over many years. Real mates you can share memories with.

I have another friend, who, sadly, I will not be seeing on this trip, who goes back even further.........I hate to admit how long I have known this one, but a wonderful friend.

It was quite strange talking today about old times in the social work field with Donna who has recently started in the same line of work..........and of course Glenn, who is also doing the same thing. My old chum knew the agencies they work for and their bosses.
Funny really.............how things turn full circle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home