Sunday, September 20, 2009

Number 6

Yesterday we invaded Essex.
To visit my brother and his family in fact.
We had a lot of fun.
His oldest son has been building a kit car. A sort of vintage sports jobbie.
I can't remember what he said it is called but it looked remarkably like the one that Patrick McGoohan drives in the opening sequences of The Prisoner episodes.

It provided many photo opportunities the results of which I shall post on Facebook when I return to Milwaukee........I can't do it from here.
Donna was brave enough to go out for a spin in it...........which, she tells us, produced much cursing and swearing, from her to him as he zoomed up the dual carriage way.

Glenn then had to also have a go or risk being labelled a wimp.
He came back a vivid shade of green but his hands, which clutched the top of the door, were complete with white knuckles.
He said he was glad he did it but would never, ever do it again.
I declined.
The nearest I came was to sit behind the wheel posing.
Quite adventurous enough for me ta very much.

We caught up with all the family news and gossip.

Today we took a trip to Bybrook Barn to view their Christmas decorations but alas they are still being assembled.
We shall make another trip or two during the next couple of weeks and hopefully I shall be able to buy some new things to take home. As if I really need any more Christmas decs.........but I just love them.
We went into The Harvester for some lunch. We had to wait around 40 minutes but it was rather delish........particularly the salad bar.
Tonight I am watching Death on The Nile by my favourite, Agatha Christie............a fab end to a lovely weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home