Thursday, September 10, 2009

Back in the UK

My flight over was just as I like it..............uneventful.
It stayed up when it was meant to and came down gently when it was meant to and was on time.
Can't ask for more than that.

Ashford has changed out of all recognition.
I think it is fab.
The shopping centre is way more up market than it ever was.

Donna's new house is lovely.
She is still putting all the finishing touches to it. I really like the area too.
Lauren's school is just around the corner about 50 yards away.
I can get a bus which takes me downtown or to the railway station.
So, it should be a doddle to get to Folkestone or Canterbury etc.

I have two teeny weeny little new friends.
Tom and Elsie the new kittens.
As expected, they have both decided that the best place to sleep at night is on my bed.
I really don't mind as they are little sweeties.

Glenn is starting his new job on Monday. He has just got a car......rather nice too.
A Ford Fiesta...silvery colour.
I think he is both excited and nervous.....which is exactly how I would feel.

I am just blown away with the TV here. It is far, far superior to anything we get in the states.
I am loving watching the telly which is something I rarely do at home.

On Tuesday I went to see some old friends and had a wonderful evening just reminiscing about past times, people and places we went to as a group.
This is exactly what I miss when I am in the US. I have no friends like this, people I am so comfortable with and want to do things with.
People who know each other well enough to poke fun at each other. I am happy when they poke fun at me ( the gloves :) ) as it means I am still a member of the gang.
I am looking forward to going to as many Tuesday get togethers as possible and a couple of other outings too.

Tomorrow I am getting a train to Folkestone and meeting up with an old pal of Glenn's. He was meant to be coming too but he has to deal with car insurance, tax etc.
I will have fun bimbling around Folkestone.
Saturday I am going to another friend's birthday party and on Sunday morning, Donna, Lauren and myself are going to a boot fair.
Oh there have never been such times since Old Leather Bum died.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home