Tuesday, August 25, 2009

English Country Garden.....Update

Thought it time I gave an update on the Beautiful English Country Garden carpet I bought and planted.
A dense carpet of flowers.............look you can see how lovely it grows.
All those beautifully coloured flowers, packed into that roll out mat.



This is the true result.
The actual coloured flowers are the plastic ones I stuck in, in disgust at the rubbish that was growing.
Just a couple of poppies and some weeds.
I suspected the tall ones of being weeds when they eventually started to grow, but as I had waited for so long for something to show itself, I convinced myself that I was being paranoid and that they were actually flowers.
I was wrong.
They be weeds.
Well watered, well fed ......weeds.
Doesn't look much like the picture on the box does it?

I don't know what I will put in there next year.
Maybe I should turf it or as they say over here "sod" it.
Should have done that this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home