Thursday, April 9, 2015

Storms x 2

This is what a squirrel looks like when he has been out in the rain without his mac.
The photo doesn't really show it properly but he did look so funny with his fluffy tail all soggy and bedraggled.
Oooh.....I like that word....bedraggled........I must try to use it more.
Anyway, he made me giggle.
As did Donald & Daisy, or it could have been Tich and Quackers, who found a big puddle and were having a crafty wallow.
I wasn't quick enough to get a picture unfortunately.
You see we have had terrific storms all night and now most of the day today.
The thunder shook the house on several occasions.
Won't be long before we start getting tornado warnings.  T'is the season.
Wisconsin doesn't muck about with wishy washy weather.
We do weather in a big way.

My friend was released from hospital on Monday.
I walked round there (long walk) in the morning to check that everything was in order in the office etc before she came home.
I heard her brother telling people on the phone that she could talk......oh really?
He lives in a fantasy world and it is driving me crazy.
Stop bloody lying.
I don't think he can.

He told me to ring her as he thought she wanted me to do something.  So I did.
All she could do was to make noises into the phone, which I knew would happen.
In the end she gave up and hung up.
I told him and I told him I knew it was a waste of time before I phoned.
What doesn't he get?  What planet is he on?

I went yesterday to do my usual stuff.  Accounts etc.
I had been told that she would be at speech therapy every day, Monday - Friday.
Apparently a fairy must have made that up too.
She was there.  Poor thing, she was trying to tell me something on one of the schedules.
I tried so hard to help her.  She couldn't say a clear word.
I kept suggesting things and she just kept getting angrier because I didn't understand.  She tried to write it down but all she could write was,  "Jim  got  got".
I read it back to her and told her I didn't know what that meant.  I was being very quiet and calm.
She got so mad she threw the pen and the schedule board around the office.
She got her brother, who of course, also had no clue.
It was a nightmare.  She slammed doors and threw things.
I know, probably 75% of it is she is frustrated with herself that she can't communicate and maybe 25% annoyed with us that we cannot understand.
She then slammed the door and went back to bed.  I didn't see her again until I let her know I was leaving.  I asked her to try not to get so stressed as it isn't good for her.
Her brother said she is like this all the time.  I actually felt quite sorry for him as he had been extremely patient.
I was shaking the whole time I was there.
I am worried she will have another stroke the way she is carrying on.
She has also started doing massages again.
I really don't know how she is doing this. They must think a stroke is some minor condition.
I wish she had given herself more time to recover.
She is constantly on my mind but I realised there is nothing more I can do.  I can't phone because either she can't talk to me or her brother will tell me a pack of lies.
I will call in there on Saturday to see how things are but I am going to have to take a step back.
They won't listen to any advice and will just do want they want to do.
This is my mantra now.
I will watch from a slight distance.  I will continue to do my work but I will not get drawn in to things I cannot change and cause me so much stress.

On a lighter note.   I have been doing a bit more on the painting.   I have been through the "I hate the bloody thing" phase and it is always a relief to get that over with.

A long way to go yet.
Still putting in base colours but it is going the way I want it to go, which is helpful.
This should be some good stress relief I think.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home