Sunday, April 5, 2015

Pants week

Still trying to find time to work on my latest commission.
I have most of the background in and the under painting of the dragon done.
There is a long way to go yet.
No 'Bob Ross' dabbing a tree in here and there in about 30 minutes for me I'm afraid.

Most of the week has been spent sorting out my friend's business and appointments and, of course, going to and from the hospital.
I am so tired of her brother lying to me.
The number of times he has told me how much better she is and that she is coming home is unbelievable.
Of course, when I get to the hospital she isn't better, still cannot talk and isn't coming home.
The last time he did it I snapped and really told him off.
He has been a bit more careful since then.

When I saw her Thursday I was a bit more optimistic.
She has got a lot of her strength back in her arm and leg but she still cannot talk.
Her brother had told me she was coming home the next day but of course when I spoke to the nurse there was no chance of that.
But, having said that, she was in really good spirits and we had a lot of laughs.

I went again yesterday.
Different story this time.
She is now getting very annoyed at not being able to speak and also getting irritated because we can't understand what she wants to say.
She has tried to write things down but doesn't have the words to express herself.
I am only just beginning to grasp how this works.
It isn't that she just can't speak or she would write the words/sentences she wants to say.
She just can't find the words.
Like when you can't think of the name of something.
She kept writing Jan 1 2 3  Feb 1 2 3 Mar 1 2 3 etc but could't put what this meant.
We eventually guessed it was to do with work schedules but she couldn't write a sentence to say what she wanted us to understand.
If the blood thinners are working they may let her go home tomorrow Monday.
She will also go to therapy every morning, being picked up and brought home.
She still thinks she will able to do massage.........sigh.
I am very concerned.  I have been depressed all weekend.
She is going to be very difficult to deal with I think.  I have done as much as I can.  I have phoned lots of  people to cancel their appointments and explained what happened to some.
This is easy to say but when you can't read someone's writing and there are no phone numbers - it isn't easy at all.
I surprised that not many of her 'friends' have been visiting her and family has been almost non existent.
I am very worried.

In other news.   A lovely young man came knocking at the door to tell me about the company he works for.
He went up and down the street.
Then he knocked on Merv's door.
Ha...I bet he was sorry.

Oh...and the squirrels are driving me nuts emptying the birdie feeder within minutes of me filling it.
They have been busy this spring.  There are lots more of the little buggers.

Nearly forgot.
It snowed yesterday.....just a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home