Sunday, March 1, 2015

Mini Merv

Well, that chippy has now been officially named Mini Merv.
After the latest snow fall filled in the tunnel he had dug out of the previous load of snow, I thought he might decide to stay asleep until it had all gone.
But the next morning when I looked out........there was the evidence.
He had dug his way out again and made his way across the snow to the bird seed.
He has also taken to sitting by this hole every day.
Philip couldn't barely belief it when I pointed him out.
We have been warned that yet another big winter storm is heading our way for late tomorrow and Tuesday.
Apparently, we are about to get hammered by Thor.
I don't know why they had taken to naming these storms but I have noticed they are no longer using the term 'snow event'.
I wonder if that is because no one ever bought tickets.

So many people are saddened by the death of Leonard Nimoy.
I too was so sad to hear he had gone.
I have never heard a bad word against this guy.  He seemed like a genuinely nice person.
He, as an actor, played many roles but without doubt the one he will be remembered for worldwide is Mr Spock.
People just took to this strange, sometimes difficult, sometimes anguished character whom he played in the Star Trek series on TV and in films.
I think we all could identify with Spock's problems at one time or another.

I have seen many tributes to him but the one that has touched me the most was today as we were driving past Bartz Party Supply Store.
They have a huge billboard outside which is usually filled with advertising for the current special offers and bargains.
Today it had just one word.

ILLOGICAL

It needed no explanation.
How wonderful is that?
To be remembered by the use of one word, not a phrase, just one word.

Fascinating.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home