Wednesday, March 25, 2015

March Madness

A weird week.
Firstly, after feeling quite a bit better on Friday, Saturday I was pants.
I felt really poorly again.
Another day in my blankie.
Sunday wasn't much better and I was beginning to think that maybe I now had a sinus infection rather than just a cold.
I wasn't happy about this.
This would mean a trip to the doctor which means money.
Funny isn't it?  We never had to think like that in England.
Do, please look after your National Health Service because it is a wonderful thing.
I went to see my doctor a couple of months ago.
I get a bill for each doctor visit, regardless of treatment.
This time she thought I should have a blood test, just a routine one, as I hadn't had one for a while.
It was all fine, apart from my cholesterol, which is old news.
I had forgotten all about it until a bill just came.  Fortunately our insurance does cover some of it but.........
the bill for one routine blood test came to.............$605.
I dread to think how much a hospital stay would cost. An operation!!!!!   No wonder people go bankrupt over medical bills here.

Anyway, I digress.  Above is a photo from the kitchen window on Monday morning.
Yep it was back.
Philip phoned and said it had taken him two and a half hours to drive to work and he had seen 19 accidents on the way.
He then got stuck behind snow ploughs.
It did set the scene for another first though.
It was the first time I have ever seen Donald and Daisy in the snow.

There they are digging for bird seed.
Tich and Quackers must be feeling the pinch as we have seen Donald chase them away a couple of times.
I wonder if they will keep coming back or give up.

The snow is mostly gone now and today I ventured to the mall.
My cold is easing up and occasionally I can even breathe.
I caught the bus.
Entertainment was laid on.

There was a black couple on the bus.  The loudest people I have ever encountered.
At first I thought they were having a row but then I realised that they were just having a conversation.
It was hilarious.
She asked him about his girlfriend, who apparently is a bus driver.  Oh you must all understand that this dialogue was liberally sprinkled with m...er f...kers...... f..king b.tches..and ..just f..king in general.
Back to the girlfriend who is a bus driver.
Apparently, he isn't seeing that f..king b.tch any more.  Why was that you wonder?
Well, it seems she was a very big m....er f..king girl.
The lady (I use this term in the loosest sense) was surprised at this.
But, it seems the girlfriend had looked smaller when she was driving the bus and he only realised how big she was when she stood up.
Oh...and she accused him of having an 'attitude'.

This couple must have been from the other side of town as they were gazing out of the windows in something like awe.
They seemed almost lost, when the female said, "Oh we are right out in m...er f..king no man's land here."
All this was broadcast at around 100 decibels.
It was delicious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home