Thursday, February 19, 2015

Hibernation

The photo above wasn't taken when it was really cold.
Really, really cold.
Now I can't even venture out to the dustbin without big coat, gloves and boots.
Minus 35C with windchill this morning. I heard the guy across the road struggling to get his car started this morning.  There was much door banging, much muttering and it didn't end well.
Apparently, extreme cold like this can drain a car battery and it had.
There was some cursing and a huge slamming of the car door and I knew it was over.
The cold had won.
I am probably getting a little stir crazy now.
This picture caught my attention.


If it wasn't so chuffing cold I would go out and do this.

So, what can I write the bog about if I haven't been anywhere. Well, I did go to work yesterday.  That is only because I got picked up and dropped off.
Same old, same old there.
We went out for breakfast on Sunday with Gary because it was his birthday.   Whilst in the restaurant a diner started choking and the waitress performed the Heimlich manoeuvre.
You don't see that every day.
Many years ago I used to have to go on first aid courses and learned about such things.
I have never seen it done in an emergency though.
The waitress said the same afterwards.  She had been taught it but never actually thought she would ever have to do it.
The man was ok, and although he didn't finish his brekkie, he did take it home with him.


Wouldn't you just love to do something like this?
It did make me chuckle.
I don't think it would work with one of our cats though.
Staying indoors has enabled me to practise some more jewellery making.
After a couple of dodgy starts, one resulting in teeny, tiny beads bouncing all over the kitchen floor.
I managed these.


They are quite nice and sparkly and I figured out what I was doing wrong that made it more difficult.
Well, I think I have.
I will let you know when I have done some more.
I also started another painting.
I painted the background.  Then I painted over it this morning as I wasn't happy with it.
I shall be continuing with this today.   Someone has requested it as a wedding present.
A dragon will make an unusual wedding gift I think.

I hope Alan is having a good time in Whitstable.  I know he was planning some days out to London etc.
Hopefully, the weather is good and he can get around.  I know he is meeting up with old friends at the weekend too.
I am having to make my own tea when I get in from work. Sigh...... I have been spoiled for 6 weeks.

Finally.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home