Monday, November 24, 2014

Dragons

Saw this when we were shopping at the weekend.
We didn't buy it as it would soon be covered by snow but isn't it wonderful?
Perfect for me.
It has a Santa hat on and its wings flap.
Trouble is we get high winds at times as well as snow.  With this sort of outside decoration the snow collects on it and then the wind tries to blow it over.
We would be able to stake it down, we have to with everything else, but those wings would soon be broken after trying to flap weighed down by snow.
The stuff we have at the moment is like this.



This was last year.
We have bought more stuff now.....sigh.....well you can never have enough can you?
But, we try to get stuff that the wind will blow through.

On Saturday we put the lights all over the house (we got new ones as we didn't think much of these ones) and also over the new fence and the fir trees in the garden.
We were going to put the Santa, sleighs, reindeer etc out yesterday but the weather was too awful.

Thursday is Thanksgiving and Philip is off work.  It isn't meant to snow (so they say) on Thursday so we are hoping to do them in the morning.


Lily having a cuddle with Philip.

This evening we are supposed to be taking Tootsie to the vet for her rabies shot.
It is looking a bit dodgy though.
It is blowing a blizzard outside.  The snow is horizontal.
Philip has to get back from Chicago (an hour and a half drive normally) this could take considerably longer so he might not be home in time.
I shall just have to wait and see.  He will let me know if traffic is slow and I will call them.
And finally -

I have started putting the indoor decorations out.
I do start early as it takes rather a long time.
Every year this comes out.
Glenn made it for me when he was at school and proudly brought it home.
It is, obviously, a candle holder.
When he gave it to me we found that it wouldn't stand up.  This was mainly because it only had two legs and they were different lengths.
Not to be thwarted I turned it upside down and found that a candle fitted into it perfectly this way.
The legs acting as the holder.
This saved any tears of disappointment.
I love my candle holder.  It has 'special needs' and there is nothing wrong with that.
I also love to embellish it every year and I know that there is no one else with one anything like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home