Monday, October 27, 2014

My back's back too.

Sunday was Trick or Treat day.
I usually love this day.  I love seeing all the kids, and dogs, in their fancy dress.
This time I was dreading it.
We had bought lots of sweeties to give out, as usual, but my back has been very painful (excruciating) these last few days and I was not looking forward to getting up and down to answer the door.
Philip was outside leaf blowing, more of that in the next blog - Merv isn't happy.
I put Mountain Monsters on the telly.
They always make me smile.  They were after Sheepsquatch this time.  A fearsome beast if ever there was one.

The weather was beautiful.  Bright, sunny and mild.
But, fortunately for me, we didn't get so many kids this time.
I suppose we may have got 50 or so but that is nothing compared to most years.
I did struggle to get out of the chair and get to the door though.  Philip had suggested I didn't do it at all but, oh, you know what I am like with kids.

The rule is that if your porch light is on then it means they should knock at your door.
They are so good.  They never knock at any house where the light isn't on.
Even with our light on though, I noticed some were walking past without knocking.  They didn't seem to notice it.
Usually I would have tapped on the window and called them back but, sadly, this time I just couldn't be bothered to get up if I didn't have to.
If they can't see the porch light then I am not jumping (creaking) up to give them sweeties.
There was one Harry Potter though.
I love Harry Potters.
Their faces are a picture when I put on my best, British, School Ma'am voice and ask Harry Potter what he has been up to and why he is out of lessons?
Poor little bugger.

I think this back issue is due to the overly long flight back from England.
I have one vertebrae, quite low down, that is extremely tender to touch.  The pain seems to radiate from there into my lower back, hips and down my legs.
I have had this before (now I've got it again) and I know that only rest and ibuprofen will cure it.
It is the 'rest' part I have a problem with.
The weather is glorious (soon it won't be) and I like to get out and about.
Staying indoors and doing practically nothing does not make me happy.
I have to give in to it though or I will be like this for weeks.

We were going to go out for dinner on Saturday evening but I was in so much pain that just walking to the car was more than I was prepared to do.   I am not as bad as that now so it must be getting better, very slowly, but better none the less.

Anyway, it hurts when I am sitting in this chair so it is tatty bye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home