Wednesday, October 22, 2014

There and back again.


My English excursion has flown by once again.
At least I didn't get poorly while I was there this time.

Above are a couple of reprobates - I mean colleagues - with whom I worked, at a certain academic establishment.   It seems a long time ago now, but then actually it is.
It was lovely to see them and catch up on some, if not all, of the gossip.

I managed to get three Sunday pub lunches in this time.
This was one of them.


Sorry if seeing people's food offends anyone, but this is such a treat for me.  Unavailable over here.

I also got to meet TommyJones!   Donna's new kitty that she adopted from a place Glenn was living. He is an absolute delight.   Such a little character.  He loves everyone and my toast.   He must be missing me and my toast right now.

He didn't seem impressed with having his photo taken though.

Glenn and I met up with my father in law in Canterbury.
A lovely lunch followed by a mix up with the money made for an eventful day.
I got it all sorted in the end though.
It was lovely to see him and his partner.  A lot of laughs and silliness.  Loved it.

Donna and I were having coffee with these two old chums when who should walk by?

Yep....the "Old Facehugger" himself.
I will never forgive you Bernie for scaring the bejeebers out of me at The Alien Experience (I think that is what it was called) in London many moons ago.
Remember mate, salad....oops I mean revenge....is a dish best served cold.

Of course no trip would be complete without harrassing Fred - another former partner in crime, also from the afor mentioned workplace.  He never looks any older!!!!

Another couple of chums who had recently returned from a holiday in Turkey....looking disgracefully fit and well.   We had a lot of laughs with these two.    Lauren gave us a guitar recital too.  She is getting bloody good.

A second trip to Canterbury was  wonderful.
Lots of tudor buildings housing fab shops.   I bought one or two things here (!) to bring back with me.

Our next trip out after Canterbury was to London.

To the Natural Histoy Museum in fact.
I hadn't been there in years.  The last time I went - I think I took a school trip of kids there.  That would be some time ago.
It is still fantastic.  We went up on the fast train, which only took 35 mins from Ashford to St. Pancras.  That was amazing in itself.
We got the underground to South Kensington and to the museum.
It is still FREE to go in.
We were there most of the day and probably saw about a third of it.  Totally exhausted we made our way home.

The whole place is huge.

Lauren loved it.  Even punk rockers like museums.

I went to Folkestone a couple of times and managed to see the "Banksy" that had appeared on a wall there shortly after I arrived.
"Banksy"......shortly after I got there.......I wonder who can be doing this?

I also had lunch in Wetherspoons while I was in Folkestone.
I love this Wetherspoons.  It used to be a large old church and they have preserved it wonderfully.  The one I went to in Whitstable a couple of years ago, is in a former Art Deco cinema.  That too, is beautiful.

I will continue on another blog page as this one seems to be full.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home