Thursday, November 20, 2014

A bit chilly.


Tootsie.   She is convinced that she does actually fit in that box.
We have to take her to the vet on Monday for her rabies shot.
We are more concerned about how the vet will tell us off because she is too fat.
She is very 'solid' but he will say it is fat.
Oh well....

Here we see Bubba underneath Looby Loo.
She loves him.
He is doing pretty well at the moment (actually on my lap as I try to type, with his head on my hand).  He is around 17 years old and a bit bemused at times, but mainly ok.
I do have to check him if he is asleep for a long time.......just to see if he is still breathing.
We can't bear the thought of losing him.  That is the one bad thing about having pets.


Outside Christmas decorations & lights are already going up here.
We shall have to do ours this weekend as it is forecast to be slightly milder than the sub zero, arctic conditions we have been experiencing.   The arctic tundra will be back in place on Monday.

Now the snow is back (did it ever leave?) Merv is busily preparing his hole.
He is a happy little Merv again.
I noticed that all the snow poles are in place now.  No, I didn't know what they were until I moved here to the North Face of the Eiger, I mean Milwaukee.
They are long sticks that are put at intervals along the road so you can tell where the curb is under 4+ feet of snow.
They are also put next to fire hydrants so they can be located when they are completely buried.
I have learned lots of things about snow since I have lived here.

I have started putting out some of my indoor Christmas ornaments.
I took all the regular ones down from the living room and dining room and put them away.
Now I am gradually replacing them with the Christmas stuff.  
It actually doesn't seem more than a few weeks since I did it all last time.
Next Thursday will be Thanksgiving.  November is flying past.
I do enjoy the run up to Christmas but this year it seems more like a gallop up.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home