Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Perfect Polly

Technology.......whatever delights will they think of  next.

This must be one of the saddest things I have seen.   I hope that no one buys one of these for someone as a Christmas gift........ever.

Speaking of Christmas, and do I speak of much else, I have been making the Christmas puds today.
Oh bloody hell, I had forgotten how long it takes just to get the ingredients ready.
There are so many of them.
I follow an a traditional recipe that my mum used.
It calls for, among other things, treacle, carrot, apple, nuts, fruit, brandy and stout.
I measure (mostly) everything but my mum never did.
She used to make them for all her sisters too.  Famed for her puds she was.
I doubt that mine are up to her standards but they are not bad at all.
Once you have all your ingredients (and the ones above are only about half of them) measured etc, then you basically bung it all in and mix it up.
But, then you have to prepare the basins, cover & seal them properly and finally steam them for 6 hours.  Yup......6 hours.
What a pallaver.
I almost bought some when I was in the UK recently but then I wondered what customs would make of them (they can be picky).  I didn't want to be stopped and searched over a Christmas Pud.
Anyway, homemade are so much nicer than the shop bought ones.
Well, they'd better be after all this mucking about.

Friends on Facebook.
I recently went through my friends list and removed several.
There were people on there I didn't know at all.  I couldn't even figure out how some had got there.
Lately I have noticed that even some I do know, and know very well, and have known for years are being a bit "off".
One, I am pretty sure, has put me on 'restricted'.  For those not in the facebook family, this means you can't see what they are posting or anything that is going on with them.
I am pretty sure that is what has happened .......unless all she ever does now is play Family Farm, because that is all I can see.
What is the point of that?
If you don't want me to see your postings then surely we are not friends.  So, why should I keep you on my friends list?
I will give it a couple of days and if Family Farm is still the only thing to show I will conclude that we are no longer friends.
Also, another one is being a bit 'iffy' too.   He might have to go.   That will be a shame as I have known him for a very long time but I am tired of being ignored.

Funny really, a few years ago we never worried about friends on facebook.  For all that it is a wonderful tool for keeping in touch with those a long way away, it also seems to make me a bit more sensitive.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home