Thursday, November 13, 2014

Gone

Well I eventually made the decision to unfriend someone I know.
I rarely do this.  Very rarely actually.
But, I asked Glenn to look on her page and tell me if he could see anything other than stupid Family Farm stuff.
He looked and told me all the things he could see, which was a lot more than I could.
This made it clear I was being restricted.
I don't see the point of that.   If you don't want someone to see your posts then you really can't be friends with them......in my opinion.
So, I 'unfriended' her.
If she ever decides she would like to be friends with me again, she can let me know.


We had some brilliant news yesterday.
Some people may recall that we take part in a charity event every Christmas involving really poor kids.
Philip's company team up with a school in a very deprived area to make sure the kids get at least one present.
Every child writes a letter to Santa and those of us who take part are given one of these letters.  We then shop for gifts on the child's list.
For the last few years we have had boys.  I love little boys but it is nice to buy for a girl sometimes.
Well, this year we did get a girl.   She is only 7 and I received her letter to Santa yesterday.
It seems she would like almost everything to do with Frozen.
I have never seen it, nor am I likely to.  I think there is singing in it.   Not my cup of tea at all.
Anyway, we shall have to start looking for things she would like.
She did put an iphone on her list too but I think Father Christmas might not have any of those.
How does a 7 year old even know about iphones?  
I expect I am out of touch and they all probably know about them before they can crawl.

I shall probably make up another gift as a spare.  There must be kids that are off sick when the letters are written or something.  So, I think I will wrap something up and write what age/gender the gift will be suitable for then they can give it out to whoever needs it.
I wouldn't like to think any are left out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home