Thursday, October 30, 2014

Improving


 My back is improving.....slowly....but improvement is good.
I have been very careful this week and, although not be able to go out isn't great, I am hoping that it will have improved enough for me to go out next week.
If that makes any sense.

In other news.
Philip bought the above Santa, sleigh and reindeer a few days ago.
It is really old fashioned but we have be wanting one for years.   Well, Mennards had a couple so now it is sitting in our garage waiting to go in the garden.
It is lighted too ........I think it is fab.

It won't be long now before we will be putting our lights, decorations and ornaments outside.
The first snowfall of the season is forecast for Friday.
This is a bit of a shame really.
It is Halloween and although we already had our city Trick or Treat day on Sunday, others still do it on 31st Oct - Friday.
Our neighbourhood association has a Trick or Treat event organised for Friday evening and apart from snow it is meant to be very windy and cold.
The weatherman said it would be the worst weather for Halloween in 20 years.
Those kids will be freezing.

This year has flown by - again.
I shall soon be making the Christmas cake and pudding.
We will soon be back to shovelling snow, buying a tree and putting decorations up.
It only seems a few weeks ago we took them down.
Well, to be fair, our outside decorations were outside until Easter this year as the winter went on forever and the ground was too frozen to get the stakes out.
I had thought about putting Easter Eggs in the sleigh we had out there.
So, it wasn't that long ago we took them down but it also doesn't seem that long ago we put them up.

But, I love Christmas so I really don't mind.
I have designed and ordered my Christmas cards online this year.
Usually I do a festive (ish) painting and then bugger about printing the cards myself ( or rather Philip tends to do the printing - well it gives him something to swear about).
It is a pain in the arse as the printer doesn't like card that is too stiff.  This means I have to buy fairly thin card and I am never really happy with the result.
This time I am having them printed, from a painting, by vistaprint.
I agonized over proof reading them a million times because I didn't want to order 50 cards only to find a glaring typo in them all.
They are due to arrive on November 4th.........I am sort of scared and excited at the same time.
I do hope they look alright.

If you get a card from me and it has a big scribble on it........you will know I buggered it up.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home