Friday, June 6, 2014

Warped

I
Imagine me here.......sigh.

It is less than 6 weeks now until Donna and Lauren arrive.  I am so looking forward to their visit.
They should be here on July 19th.
On July 30th Donna, Lauren, Gary, myself and one other are all going to The Warped Tour.
This is a huge music festival that will be staged on the lake front.
Their will be loads of stages with loads of bands (alternative rock...and others that I have no clue about).
We are going because this will be a 'once in a lifetime' experience for Lauren and she is absolutely popping with excitement.
Me - not so much.
But, being on the lakefront, there will be many food & drink vendors and I am hoping to park myself on a bench where I can listen to the various bands (from a discreet distance) and eat ice cream.
I don't know how I get roped into these things but I suppose it might give me some 'street cred' to be able to say I went to The Warped Tour.
Donna tells me that Lauren can barely speak of anything else.
There are 11 days between their arrival and the tour.........I wonder how long it will seem.
I did have a giggle at our Lauren today.
Donna told me that she usually picks Lauren up from school after she has had her sleep (she works nights).
Anyway, today she overslept and didn't make it (she had had some sort of dream and turned the alarm off apparently).
Lauren was not entirely happy when she got home and Donna said to her,
"Oh sorry Lauren.  You won't believe what happened."
To which Lauren replied, "No I won't.", and carried on walking upstairs.
Donna said she couldn't stop laughing........oh that girl.........her father would have been so proud of her.
She was playing her guitar to me on the phone again yesterday. 
"Carry on my wayward son."  by Kansas.
It was very good.

And finally.

The gasmen are still digging holes.
Luckily for them there is a Merv who is tidying up after them.
I bet they are grateful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home