Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Sparkly shoes

I got these on Saturday.
Now they have really cheered me up.  Lots of sparkles.
I am fortunate that I have small feet and buy my trainers in the kids' dept.
Not only are they more outrageous than the ones in the womens' dept, but they are also half the price.
Spiffing.

I didn't have a ton of energy so we didn't stay out long.
Sunday after brekkie we bought some more garden ornaments and then did our shopping in Pick n Save (or Pick n Spend as we like to call it). 
Philip stopped to pick up his usual can of spaghetti hoops as he does every week, when I noticed him hesitating.  There are many different and exotic varieties on display, ravioli, meatballs etc...
"Something wrong?" I enquired.
"No," he replied, "but I am going to switch it up this week."
"Really??" said I in amazement.
"Yes," he postulated, and picked up a different can, with something of a determined flourish.
"But that is still spaghetti," said I, bemused.
"Yes but it is straight - not hoops.", he replied boldly.

At this point I got a fit of the giggles.  He seemed surprised at my reaction.  Wow - talk about 'living on the edge'........the little devil.

After all the excitement of buying straight spaghetti instead of hoops, the fact that his chums were coming to our house for gaming this week could have been something of an anti-climax.
It was not.
They all duly arrived in the afternoon and descended into the basement, where everything had been set up in readiness.
Lily, spotting the opportunity of many vacant laps, especially as they were chaps' laps (she is such a trollop), selected Andy as the best of the bunch and promptly fell asleep on him.
I stayed upstairs watching the film, "Muster Go Home" (which was pretty dire actually) when the storms started.  
This was quite the accompaniment to the movie providing extra atmosphere but it wasn't so good for the intrepid souls in the basement.
The power went out several times rendering the computers useless (and the telly actually), but it was soon restored and play was resumed.

Upstairs, where I was now watching QI on a device which allows Youtube to be shown on the telly, all was not well.
There was a familiar dripping sound as, once more, water plopped from the ceiling.
It seems the gutter cleaning had not solved the problem.  Time to call Marty again.........sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home