Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Strange Week

I have been working on an Art Deco type painting for our new posh Art Deco bathroom.

I have got this far.
It is hard to see in the photo but the panther is metallic gold as are the edges of the moon and twiddly bits.
I have more ideas and will continue with it today.
The thing with Art Deco is that everything is stylized and not taken from nature.
This is difficult for me.  I would find it far easier to portray a lifelike panther, tree and moon than trying to figure out how to stylize them.
Anyway, I have got this far and I have enjoyed myself.  I intend to continue in a mad fashion.  I have collected sparkles, rhinestones and sequins.  I shall have some fun this week putting them on the painting and, hopefully, finish it off.
It is my picture and I can have sparkles if I want.
I will show it again when it is done.

This is Sally.
Sally Wally Doodle.
She is the funniest cat.  She has wrecked the curtains behind her but I don't care.
She makes us laugh.





She lies in this cat tree with her back foot in her mouth, chewing her toes.
None of the others have ever done this.   She squeaks and snorts.  She is so sweet.
This time last year Lollipop was very ill.  She died in May aged just 6.
We didn't know then that this little monster would come along and help us get over poor Lollipop's departure.

I went swimming with my old mate yesterday.  I didn't go last week as I was a bit poorly.  I don't know what it was but all my joints & muscles hurt and I felt pants.
I do love my mate but sometimes she is a bit fierce.
I was telling her about the new car and she started lecturing me on how we should have bought an American car.  Every time I tried to explain why we bought the car we have, she just kept talking over me.
She told me there were very good American cars and as the country is in so much debt, we should have bought one.
Eventually, I managed to squeak out that it wasn't my place to solve America's debt, or Britain's debt come to that.
Philip drives over 140 miles every day getting to work and he had to have the best car, that suits his needs, that we can afford.
The one we got is the most suitable for the money.  Blimey he did enough research on it.
Plus, all the idealism in the world counts for nothing when you are on a limited budget and must do the best you can with what you have.
Of course if we had 'loads 'a' money' we would be happy to buy American, British whatever.
But, reality is that most of us haven't.  If America wants us to buy their cars then they need to be as good as, if not better than the others.
When I told Philip, he said that his main reason for discounting the American cars within our budget, was their mileage.
The best he could find was about 25 miles to the gallon.  That is pants when you consider how far he drives every day.

It all ended amicably....well it did for her...but I hate these incidents.  It upset me all day and all evening.  I was thinking about it when I woke up this morning too.
I purposely avoid any political talk with her as we are poles apart and she gets very heated about it all.  I really try to steer the conversation away if I think it is heading in that direction but she really doesn't seem to understand and still tries to engage me in this sort of conversation.
Now I see we can't talk about buying things, religion and politics........we shall have to hum to each other in future I think.  Words cause problems.
It is such a shame because she is a lovely, kind person in every other way and I would hate to lose her friendship.
She seems to be able to just switch off and forget it.  I wish I could but sadly I can't.  I have always hated any conflict or unpleasantness.  It makes me feel awful.
I doubt I will change much now.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home