Friday, June 13, 2014

Blankets and stuff.

                                               Jewelled Christmas Dragon

Ok so it isn't jewelled yet.
I have just finished painting this.  It is on a fairly large canvas  20in x 16in and has been a lot of work.
Enjoyable work though.
I do intend to add the jewels (sparkles) soon but I just need to make sure it is completely dry before I do.
Oooooh I hate waiting.  I do like to finish a project.
This will, hopefully, be the picture I use to make my Christmas cards this year.  I do like to vary the subjects and thought a Christmas Dragon might be fun.
As always I am never that confident in my own work so I tested it out over on facebook.
I wanted to see what sort of reaction I got.
Lol....sometimes you get (and find out) more than you bargained for.
I shall just say this........
My 'good friends' liked it ( lots of them) and were very complimentary. Having said this, then I suppose, by definition the ones that didn't like it must be my 'crap friends'.
That's ok though. I will only click 'like' on stuff I actually do like.
Everyone has the right to their own opinion, lords knows I have a few, and I respect that.
Quite enlightening though.
Ha ha....never mind......if they are on my Christmas card list I shall just send them a regular boxed card instead of this one (cruel and unusual punishment indeed) and if they are not on my list.......then they obviously won't give a monkey's anyway.
Facebook is a brilliant tool......it really makes things clear.

I shall post the picture again after I have 'sparkled' it.
I have all the sparklies ready to stick on and, with any luck, it should look ok.

River Rhythms was cancelled.
Pants.
It rained all day and all night.  This is so rare for us here in Milwaukee.  Generally, if we get rain, it is a real heavy downpour which stops and dries up very quickly.
Thunderstorms are huge but soon pass.  Day long rain is so unusual and of course it had to be on a Wednesday, the only evening we are hoping to be outside listening to music.
We will try again for next week.

I got word from the Humane Society that the robin I rescued had to be put to sleep.  His wing was so severely broken and he was in such shock, that they said it was the kindest thing.
I wasn't surprised but I had hoped he might recover.  At least he wasn't left to suffer.

Tomorrow I shall be taking more blankets into Happy Endings Cat Rescue.  This is for the Comfort for Crittters programme I have been working on.  This is the second batch of blankets I will be taking.  Since I started knitting again my needles have been clacking away like a clacking thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home